This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Monday, May 30, 2005

The shakes

Because I am, I'm afraid, an obssessive-compulsive writer, and got on a roll last night that lasted 'til a little past 4 am, I'm relying heavily on espresso today to prop my eyelids open.

No, this ain't good. And there's a certain cardiologist somewhere back there who'd probably be pretty pissed off about that, right now, if he knew.

All I have to say in my defense is hey, at least it's just caffeine. Worse things I could use, right?

And it looks, in retrospect, like it was worth it. I'm still alive. Made it to work. And the passage still sings, by the cold light of the morning after, if I do say so myself.

Yes, this is nuts. But I'd insert a stock 'I'd rather wear out than rust' line here, if I was awake enough to think of one halfway coherent. Priorities, people.