This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

If you can see this, I'm leaving

...soon.

See, I just posted this from FireFox. For some damned reason, Opera 8 and Blogger don't seem to be getting along terribly well.

Actually, they're getting on maddeningly poorly. Post from Opera, and poof... whole post... gone. Try the 'recover post' stuff, and you get mixed results.

Which means, ya know, you can write a whole nice bit on the recent idiocy in Kansas, and Blogger or Opera (or, I suppose, both, depending on just what level of stupidity is involved here, and from which parties) will eat it when you hit 'Publish Post'... and there's a strong possibility you'll never see it again...

I do not know whether Opera or Google is to blame for this stunt. But I ain't impressed, here, people.

And sorry, Blogger, if it does turn out to be the Opera folk, but I think I've just decided who I love more...

And hey, it probably really is time I got a domain name that isn't an entrenched error.

So I mean this. If you see this post, it's an Opera v. Blogspot thing. And that means it's time I got off my duff and moved on to a Movable Type blog, on a host I got some control over, like I'd always meant ta. And my next post will be the last, with the forwarding address.

'Til then.