This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Friday, August 20, 2004

Test readers

Getting quite positive feedback from the test readers on the book (see somewhere below re my efforts to sell this thing). I've never written for the demographic before (it's a kids' book, which I suppose some of you may well find kinda a scary thought), thought I'd try to get a few readers in the presumed age range to check it out. My concerns had been it might prove to be either (a) traumatizing or (b) boring. Either, I suppose, would have been bad.

Apparently, neither is of particular concern as yet--I've got a father reading it to his 7 and 9-year old, and a 12-year old reading it for herself, and so far, the feedback's quite positive. Though the younger crowd did find one passage in the middle a bit of a snore, this wasn't entirely surprising (and I'm working on that). For the most part, apparently, they're finding it entirely exciting (good) and don't want to put it down (also good).

Now if I can only sell the accursed thing.