This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Drop the vibrator and no one gets hurt...

Re Federal appeals court upholds Alabama ban on sale of sex toys (a few weeks old now)... I'm going with the obvious comment that I'd really like to know what it is about these things that the Alabama legislature finds so... well... ummm... threatening...

Also in the sex toys department, I got to be Joe Random in the lineup for a plane at Dulles some time ago... as in the security folk went through my bags, made sure I wasn't hiding any nail clippers or anything (apparently, threatening to give a pilot a manicure has brought many a plane to a fiery and tragic end)... I felt afterward it must have been a disappointment to them... I should have packed something a little more... well... interesting...

"Yeah, yeah, that's mine... Listen, I understand that with electronic devices, you also have to verify it works. So do you know how to use one of these, or do you need me to demonstrate?"