This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Scrumptious

Travelling over the weekend, didn't catch much of the debate yestereve. There's a big part of me wonders if it was the Bushies who pushed for these things to happen Fridays. It wouldn't, methinks, be a great night for getting audience share, would it?

Saw a bit, nonetheless--just enough to remind me that watching the smirking mug of the dazed one (one of my many fond nicknames for the current occupier of the oval office) and watching him pouring on the oily smarm for the benefit of his audience is bad for the digestion. This one, when he puts on that 'gee, I'm just one of the boys' mug reminds me of a lying layabout of a husband, back again, trying once again to convince his poor, long suffering wife that really, he's been good to her, and all those industry lobbyists and psycho evangelicals and warmongering neocons he's been seen about town with didn't mean a thing, really...

Anyway. Had dinner this eve with my lovely wife and our charming little one at a nice little trattoria--durn tasty, I gotta say.