This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Can't take his grog

So I poured myself a sizeable quantity o' latte yestereve around 6:00 pm, figuring as I had some errands to run and the streets were greasy with freezing rain and suchlike trouble that it wouldn't be a bad idea to get myself a bit more alert...

Bad idea, apparently. I realize it may shatter some of your images of me out there, but in the past few months I've actually been getting a lot more sane about my caffeine consumption--down in a typical day to two cups--one in the morning, one early afternoon, with the latter somewhat optional, and the former likely to be or to contain a demitasse of espresso.

This is mostly probably a good thing (and nine out of ten cardiologists would probably agree), but it does seem to mean I'm now a bit more sensitive to caffeine consumed at foolhardy hours of the evening. As I concluded around 3:00 am, still awake, lying there thinking 'this is not a healthy time for anyone to be awake, let alone someone with a lingering chest cold'.

Sigh. Decaf here we come, I guess.