This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Maybe we should just save everyone a lot of trouble...

... and skip ahead directly to the quagmire.

Jes' sayin' today's This Modern World made me laugh...

Well, sorta, anyway.

Got two comments, tho'...
  1. Actually, though it's a cute strip, my best bet is the U.S. ain't gonna go all Rambo on Tehran anytime soon, whether or not they actually wanna. There's a wee problem with an awful lot of men, hardware, and money already bein' tied up in Iraq, and I don't think even the draft is gonna give 'em enough bodies (I use the term, sadly, advisedly) to open up another front.
  2. The larger point, however--that the Bush administration are accomplished, shameless liars, and the media pretty much lets them get away with it--is, sadly, well taken.
Expanding on the latter point, I really do wish the Washington press would get things in proper perspective, and use the language that fits. That's to say: people, you really probably could use the phrase 'lying sacks of excrement' somewhat more frequently, as the situation does rather call for this.