This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

In Hajibirgit's fields

... So it's now the eleventh month, the eleventh day, the eleventh hour.

I really have nothing to say. Maybe I'll do two minutes without blogging in recognition. Somehow, it almost seems obscene in the current context to post a picture of a poppy or somesuch--or even the fields of Europe in 1918, under grey skies.

You wanna honour the spirit of the day? Go look at some of the photos of kids and other civilians killed by cluster bombs and mines (anywhere this has happened, which is plenty of places) in the last year or so. And get back to me. I'd search 'em out and post them for you, I would, but frankly, I've had enough for now. And I just ate.