This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Sexy beasts

Well, it's got arachnid mating behaviour and sex toys. This is so my thing. From Pharyngula's deliciously explicit Spider Kama Sutra:
...it's also true that spiders are awfully sexy beasts. They are playful and romantic and kinky and enthusiastic and ferocious and savage and exotic, and really know how to have a good time...
Wow. Does that sound like a great date or what?

Sadly, I hear, not many of them are into chordates.

Anyway. From the same post, the sex toy angle. Which, given this blog's mission statement, I am now obligated to pass on:
...the only sex shop proprietress nicknamed after an arthropod that I know, flea of the most excellent weblog One Good Thing, is having a spot of financial difficulty, as I learned on Bitch, Ph.D.. You can help out by browsing their online store, the Honeysuckle Shop, and picking up a few items for your courtship rituals... Take a look. Think like a horny spider...
Whew. And just when I thought I was gonna have to drop the sex toy bit outta my titles for lack of material (and let's face it, that just wouldn't be good for ratings). Thanks PZM.