This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I just don't know you anymore, man

So in a bout of catching up on stuff I'm never caught up on, I got my hair cut, and had my eyes checked, in the interest of renewing my contacts prescription, and getting some new glasses. Old ones, they were getting a bit beat up.

Thing is, like I said, I'm never caught up on this stuff, really—and especially lately, between being busy at work, and the little guy, our now four-month-old, keepin' us busy at home. So my hair's been a bit shaggy on average the last little while, and I'd run out of contacts.

All good. It's done. I come home, scoop up the little guy, who is, as always, ever so happy when Daddy picks him up... he snuggles in happily...

And then, a minute later, when I let him lean back, and he gets a good look at my face, he gets this terribly shocked expression, starts to cry...

Yep. He's never seen me without glasses, and with hair so very short. So who is this guy, and what's he done with my daddy? He's very upset, 'til I talk some more, and he manages to convince himself it's me after all.

Apparently, this isn't so unusual, and you're not supposed to change your appearance too drastically, when they're this young. Oops.