This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

A few more of my favourite things

Got up fairly early, zipped off on the bike to pick up some fresh bread, made french toast for wife and progenus, then took a bit of time to finish my coffee, sit down, and read.

There's really nothing finer than a cool, clear, sunny late summer morning, a steaming hot mug of fresh ground coffee brewed in a french press, a decent book, and an hour or two to take it easy.

The little one now likes to be read to frequently. Since she now knows what I'm reading isn't likely to be particularly to her taste (she used to ask me to read it out loud now and then), she brings me picture books; I'll read one, ask her to look at the pictures of another while I get through the next chapter of my own reading, and then we'll repeat this.

Makes an interesting juxtaposition for me, however--Eco and the Teddy Bear Picnic.