This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

All I want for Christmas...

Heee heeeeee....
...a US electronics expert is selling a tiny remote-control device that he claims can switch off any television at the push of a button.
The device runs through some 209 infrared codes which control more than 1,000 models of TV, and ought to disable most sets within 17 seconds.

— see story at BBC news

No, I don't have a major problem with too many TVs blarin' at me in my life... though I do have one nephew whose addiction to the box means conversation in his proximity is usually an impossibility.
But the thought of walking into a TV store and having every box within twenty feet of me go black--like I'm some kinda alien CRT-destroyin' monster or something--that's just fun...

A public health project comes to mind: put a high-power infrared emitter on the roof, hook it up to this thingy...

And turn off every TV for several city blocks...

(wanders off to his lair, deep in a volcano, to draw up schematics...)