This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

A boy and his Bodum

So it's a gorgeous wintry morning in Ottawa. Twenty-five centimetres (or so) of snow will do that. And (to borrow from the old song) "...Since we've no place to go/Let it snow, let it snow &c."

Right now it's just me and a steaming hot mug poured out of a french press, looking at it all. Shortly, it'll be me strolling about shaking the snow off the shrubs more threatened by the load (some of them are now bent almost to the ground, and looking none too thrilled about it). And then the little one is insisting on a snow man.

After which, I s'pose, there will be a near epic quantity of shovelling. After which, I expect, another load of beans and boiling water will have to be loaded into the Bodum.

Guess the rest of the morning's planned.