This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Dialogue

Worked my ass off (yes, I really worked it right off... it's really gone... I've nothing to sit on, now... the horror... the horror...) on reworking a dialogue scene yestereve.

Dialogue, man, it just never comes easy for me. Pound and pound and pound away, and maybe the fifth time I've torn the whole damned thing up and rewritten it, it comes out believable enough I buy it well enough I think (with a bit more tweaking) that maybe this time it's gonna fly.

That's the bad news. The good news is, last night, it was the fifth time and the charm for this particular bit, and I finally like what I'm looking at.

(Goes off to put ice on bruised fingertips.)