This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Rumours of my death

... are also greatly exaggerated. But I have really been run ragged last few days. Blogging? What's that? I ain't got time for that.

Good stuff: was able this weekend to declare as reclaimed a piece of the lawn recently lost to weeds. Managed to get clover pretty well established in what had been a thoroughly difficult spot soil-wise despite the heat. I absolutely love what that stuff can do even in crappy, glacial soil annoyingly low in organics. If you can just keep the miserably barren stuff moist long enough for the leaves to start to spread and hold some of the moisture down on their own (which, yeah, can be hard), it's incredible what happens. This ain't so much gardening as terraforming.

Also good: the little guy's getting really strong. Can hold himself up on his forearms, though he hasn't worked out that rolling over thing, yet. And he likes to hold his weight on his legs, too, though he's far from being able to balance on his own.

Also also good: the not quite as little one is reading fairly independently now. Smart girl.

Not so good: I've got a ton of paperwork to catch up on. Really getting out of control. Some folks dream of getting rich so they can retire to a tropical island. Me, I just wanna be able to afford someone to do all this crap for me. That would be the life worth living.