This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Bit bashing

Things have been quiet on the blogging front the last few days because I've become necessarily obsessed by work related to my primary paying gig... I'm reverse engineering a protocol--crypto-related stuff involving long, obsessive bouts of staring at hex dumps trying to figure out what people I've never met (and probably never will) are trying to do with those quietly murmuring bits, writing snippets of code that test these guesses... It's the kind of thing I'm not particularly good at letting go of, so it's kinda eating into the blogging hours... and the eating hours, and the sleeping hours, and the bathing hours, and the going to the bathroom hours, and the communicating with the rest of my species hours... You may assume it's mostly cracked when I start posting again with something that looks like regularity.