This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Doh!

Poured a substantial portion of a coffee into a laptop this morning.

Was working out of a coffee shop, when it happened. Figured it was a gorgeous morning, why go sit in a hermetically-sealed high tech office? So I stopped, fired up wireless, sat down to answer some email...

And then splash. Woman who'd served it to me looks at it, says, "That doesn't look good."

Nope. Doesn't. Good news: hard drive and motherboard will probably survive. Bad news: keyboard might not. Guess we'll see.

I've been in this biz so long (and others before it involving laptops and their ilk) and this is the first time I've done this. But damn, I did it good when I got 'round to it.