This blog is no longer being updated. I've moved on to The Accidental Weblog. Hope to see you there.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Visiting parents/Raccoons and pears

Spent the July first weekend visiting my parents. Hence, little blogging last few days. You can connect to the net from their place, but there wasn't much time. Various folks who hadn't met our littlest one yet showed up; they kept us pretty busy.

Got back to catch some raccoons in the act of eating the pears from our trees. Pesky things. Between them and the squirrels, I haven't had a single pear off those branches yet. Chased 'em off, but the writing's probably on the wall for that fruit. I mean, it's not like I can sleep out there and lie in wait. And I expect they probably know this.

Still. Annoying. We've got so many apples, they could stuff themselves silly, we'd still have more. But no, they gotta go for the as yet rather meagre harvest from the still quite young pear trees. I'm beginning to think they're just doing it to annoy me.